Ways to Give to Lion's Heart
SUPPORT LION’S HEART ON GIVING TUESDAY:
Celebrated on the Tuesday following Thanksgiving, #GivingTuesday kicks off the charitable holiday season. As a nonprofit, Lion's Heart relies on the generous contributions of its members and partners to continue its programs and services for teens across the country.
Here are ways you can support teens on November 27:
- Host a Facebook Fundraiser
- Visit the Anaheim Hills, CA Nekter Juice Bar and mention Lion's Heart
- Encourage friends and family to make a donation in honor of a teen by sharing this page
- Members can Refer a Friend to join and be entered to win a Fandango gift card
Any gift, no matter how small, can make a huge difference in the life of a young person. Whether or not you choose to give on #GivingTuesday, thank you for all you do to build the strong, service-minded leaders of tomorrow!
WHAT DOES MY DONATION SUPPORT?
Your donation will help support where the greatest needs are in our organization, including but not limited to:
- Subsidize Member Enrollment through Financial Assistance Program
- Service and Leadership Program Curriculum and Toolkits for Members
- Member and Nonprofit Outreach
- Researching and Cultivating Age-Appropriate Volunteer Opportunities for Members
- Technology Development and Maintenance (Lion’s Heart Member Portal and Mobile App)
- Training Materials and Online Courses for Lion’s Heart Members and Adult Volunteers
- Welcome Packet Production and Delivery (Member T-Shirts)
- Adult Volunteer Background Checks
- Educator Outreach and Toolkits for School Counselors
- Member Awards Processing and Event Support
If you have a specific focus area you are interested in supporting, send us an email with your order number and what area you want your donation to support! To make a tax-deductible donation to Lion’s Heart - Teen Volunteers and Leaders by giving securely online below or mail a check to: Lion’s Heart 19782 MacArthur Blvd, Suite 310 Irvine, CA 92612
IS LION’S HEART A 501(C)(3) NONPROFIT?
Yes, Lion's Heart is a registered tax-exempt organization under section 501(c)(3) of the federal tax code. Federal tax regulations state that any donations to Lion's Heart are tax deductible in accordance with IRS regulations. Lion's Heart Federal Tax ID number is 26-2781977. If you have a current username and password on the Lion's Heart website, the IRS determination letter can be found under "Documents." Donations cannot be refunded.
MORE WAYS TO GIVE
Donate your birthday, celebrate a holiday, or simply show your support for empowered teens making a difference by starting a fundraiser on Facebook for Lion’s Heart. Set a goal and invite friends to make a tax-deductible gift. Your support helps us to continue developing service and leadership programs that help teens achieve their volunteer goals! Login to your Facebook account and click “Raise Money” to get started.
Employer Matching Gift
Your employer may match your donation to Lion’s Heart - Teen Volunteers and Leaders, doubling your impact. Check with your Human Resources team to see if your organization has a policy of matching employee charitable gifts and/or volunteer hours.
Support teens making a difference by shopping online! Visit smile.amazon.com and select Lion’s Heart as your organization of choice. Next, everytime you shop via AmazonSmile, 0.5% of your purchase will go directly to Lion’s Heart.
Create your legacy by including Lion’s Heart - Teen Volunteers and Leaders in your will or trust. Make a difference in the life of a young person! We encourage you to work with an attorney or estate planning professional on a plan to meet your needs. You can establish a new will or trust or amend your existing document.
Online gifts will receive an email receipt upon completion of the online transaction. Those who mail in their donation can expect a printed receipt within 1 week, once processed by our office.
In-kind donations are accepted on an as-needed basis. Contact us to learn more.
With your support, Lion's Heart will continue to motivate teens to volunteer in their community and make a positive impact as empowered leaders.
Thank you for your gift!